What is the Climate Survey? Why is it important?
- It’s the primary way that we get information from students and parents across the district about what they like about their schools and the things that could be better.
- The results are returned to each principal and are posted the district website.
- The results are used as part of the campus improvement planning (CIP) process.
Do students have to take it?
- All students in grades 3 through 12 should be given an opportunity to take the survey. However, the survey is voluntary, so if a student doesn’t want to take it, that’s OK.
How long will the survey be available?
- This year, the survey will be available online through February 9.
How long does it take?
- The student survey depends on how much time they spend on the open-ended comments. It should be 30 minutes or less.
- The parent survey should only take 5-10 minutes.
- there are no right or wrong answers;
- students should only take the survey once; parents should submit a separate survey for each student;
- student and parent voices and opinions are important;
- that participating can help make our CD Fulkes community a better place!